Sunday 5 April 2015

Packing up the tent


So here I find myself just hours away from flying off to Uganda for a placement in Arua. The suitcase is packed and the electonics are charging for the 24 hours of travelling ahead of me. I hope that when I reach Uganda I will be able to update this blog regularly, internet connection permitting!

Why the name for the blog? During the week I was reminded in an email from a friend, the value of going on a short term mission. I'm a homebird so this is way outside my comfort zone. Moses made the decision to pitch a tent outside his camp, a place dedicated to meeting God. It's my hope over these next few weeks that I will be able to pitch my tent in Uganda! I am there on a ministry placement, to gain experience in preaching, teaching, hospital/prison/school visiting and any other things that come my way. I hope that in every single aspect of the trip, that Uganda will be a place where I meet with God, where I allow him to draw near and to teach me. I pray that this temporary relocation with allow me to re-evaluate, recalcuate and rededicate!
 
Over and out! 

Danielle x


No comments:

Post a Comment